Wednesday, June 18, 2008

PARTLY CLOUDY WITH BLUE SKIES

I have not updated things on my lap band in a long time. That is probably because I have not done too well over the past few months in the weight department. I haven't gained weight but still have not lost like I was hoping I would with the help of the lap band. I am seeing a new doctor now here in St George and just as I was about to start a new diet and nutrition program under his care , (actually the very day I was supposed to go to the class), I had a gall bladder attack and had to put things on hold for a few days so I could have surgery and until I recuperated enough to continue with my diet and nutrition program. Well to make a long story short, I have had my gall bladder removed, and I am waiting to go to my check up for that on the 25th. At that time I will get another fill in my lap band , start my nutrition program and hope to see good results soon. I have set a goal to be less on the scale before June is up. I actually have gotten much more active now since my surgery for my gall bladder (last Thursday). I have had lots more energy and feel about the best I have felt in 4 years. They think that my gall bladder has been causing problems for quite a long time and no one picked up on it. So my hat is off to my new doctor . He diagnosed me correctly and helped me get things under control. Now I just have to do my part and discipline myself and finally get the rest of this weight off once and for all!!. Believe it or not I actually drove back from Sandy (4 hours), worked on some computer problems for a few hours ,( helping Greg get his new computer set up,) went to the grocery store, and WASHED MY CAR BY HAND!!!!! I have not done that since 1980 something. I have not felt that ambitious in years! How can a little poopy gall bladder cause me to feel tired and unhealthy for so long? I feel very blessed ! There is always a blue sky beyond those clouds :)
OH YA I ALMOST FORGOT , THE PAINTER FINALLY CAME YESTERDAY AND REPAINTED MY GARAGE DOORS ON THE SANDY HOUSE!! THEY ARE NO LONGER BRIGHT GREEN. WOW WHAT A GOOD WEEK!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow! I am so glad you are feeling so good. Just think of how much easier it will be to loose weight if you can stay active. yipee!

Paul said...

Go SUPER FREDDIE! I can't remember the last time I hand washed my car either ha ha! I'm so glad that your feeling good.

Ashley said...

Its great to see your doing so well!

Jill Bagley said...

wow,
that seems like a real pain in the A%%^ to lose weight!!
i thought i had it hard.
you seem like you have tried everything....right?
have you tried that isagenix stuff that hailey is into?
i want to try that once i am done nursing.
im sorry that you have been through so much. you probably dont even need to lose weight. its probably just water from your gall bladder problems ( i have a doctor degree i swear) .