
Dad says I have just moved up to the next level of motorcycle riding. I'm not a novice any more. I drove my bike 700 miles round trip! And wow what a trip it was. From busy freeways in Las Vegas to the lonely stretch of desert road of Route 66. In Dads own words here is a brief explanation of just the beginning of our trip."A 6 hour drive in each direction. Not a hard thing to do if you’ve got 2 days and normal weather. But we took off in 112 degrees…headed to Kingman Ariz. with mom on her candy apple red motor trike. By Mesquite….mom's face was also candy apple red. I was concerned for her health as we got off in mesquite at the MacDonald’s and tried to cool her down with an outside hose. We stopped again in Moapa and this time we all cooled down at the gas station water pump.
It was like a blast furnace and we had to wear wet bandit face masks to keep from burning. In Las Vegas we did the sensible thing and bought hydration
vests from Harley Davidson to cool us down. They are vests that you soak for 5 minutes and they swell up with gel inside and act like an air conditioner for a few hours. Kathy and Steve were smart enough to get them before we left. I’m not sure why we left in the middle of the day except we had to be in Kingman that night so we could hike early in the morning. The next morning we fiddled around and rode about 2 hours and got to Havasupai
trail head and started down at 9:30 am. Too Late…it was 109 degrees. "
vests from Harley Davidson to cool us down. They are vests that you soak for 5 minutes and they swell up with gel inside and act like an air conditioner for a few hours. Kathy and Steve were smart enough to get them before we left. I’m not sure why we left in the middle of the day except we had to be in Kingman that night so we could hike early in the morning. The next morning we fiddled around and rode about 2 hours and got to Havasupai This was just the beginning of a very , well should I say interesting trip. I wont go into it all because it would take so long to write it all down, and there is no way that my telling the story could really give you any idea of what it was really like. I will let you imagine it for yourslef. Havasupai was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It was a well deserved reward for the long hot motorcycle drive.
1 comment:
yes, that does seem like a very small brained thing to do. going out in 100 or +++ degrees.
people die of that .
but i am jealous that you went to havasupai. always wanted to go....but too lazy.
Post a Comment