Sunday, September 14, 2008

FINALLY !



I have been wanting go see my only sister now for quite some time. Its been almost six years since I have seen her. So finally I made a flight reservation and Greg and I went out to her home in Hoquiem Washington. It is a remote place up in the trees on the hill side in Washington. They have built a cabin there from scratch and did most of the work themselves, and this is the final result. A beautiful cabin amongst the pine trees where they can sit and watch the birds feed, the deer graze and the bears roam for black berries. You read it right.. Bears!

Every morning the sun would peak out across the pine and alder trees pushing away the mist and lighting up the mountain side as far as we could see. It was a most beautiful sight.

We had a wonderful time there for 4 days and went sight seeing to some beautiful misty beaches and walked along the fishing docks and shopped and ate lunch in a small cafe that served the most fresh fish I have had in a long time. It was so nice to sit and visit and catch up on our child hood stories, and each others families. Robin is 3 years older then me and has much more energy than I do. It was great to see her and spend time with her and Dennis. I hope it wont be 6 years till I see her again. As soon as i figure out how to get my pictures off of Gregs phone camera, I will post more.

No comments: