Thursday, October 9, 2008

THE GOOD OLE DAYS AT LAKE POWELL








We finally sold our house boat after many years. We have had a total of 3 house boats in the past 24 years starting with the " Rift Raft" to the small " Kuliana" to the large "Kuliana". These are pics from 1984, 85, 87,88, and then again 2004. We always had so much fun at Lake Powell with our great friends and we will miss all the great times there. We are however relieved to not have to clean it , gas it up, pack it full of food, empty it free of food, swab the deck, reel in the anchors, deflate the dingy boats, polish the windows, scrub the toilets, suck out the sewer,put away the foam mattresses, repair the engine, stereo,stove, fridge, air conditioner... on and on and on and on! We also loved taking our family there many times and watching the kids learn to water ski, wake board, and survive the wave runner. The last trip with our family and all the grand kids was in 2007 and somewhat of a disaster . Too many people for our boat , and when we lost Carter and finally found him up on the upper deck waving to the people passing by in boats steaming toward the marina with NO life jacket on, we decided it was time to pack it in and say good by to the house boat for good. Now that I see these pictures I actually miss it and there are times I'm going to wish we still had the house boat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think Greg wins the tiny swimsuit contest ha ha!!! I love the 80's pics- you guys looked like you have a lot of fun.