Saturday, November 15, 2008

NATURE WALK? YA RIGHT...

The other day Hillary called me up to see if I wanted to go on a nature walk with her and the kids. I was excited to go that day since the weather was great, and it would give me a chance to see my cute grand kids and spend time with them. So, off we went to the walking/biking trail that runs along side the river. Tyler decided to go as a power ranger. He actually fit right in with all the bikers that were out that day.
I noticed a speed limit sign along the trail , 20 MPH and wondered why there was an actual speed limit sign on a walking trail. Well, we soon found out why when an old , grumpy speedy man in Spandex screeched to a slow as he came upon us. Two women, one double wide stroller, and one kids bike with training wheels, spread across the trail going kid legs speed. ( that is quite slow). He yelled out as he approached us. with this mean old grumpy man voice,"YA KNOW YOUR SPREAD ACROSS THE WHOLE TRAIL?". Duh! Did he expect us to be in line like a paddling of ducks? "Good morning to you to sir" was my response back .( in my mind). I understand that this was a walking /BIKING trail but if that is the case then he should expect he might come upon some one walking. That also explains the 20MPH limit, which he was clearly breaking.


I guess Hillary and I got talking a bit too much and lost track of how far we had gone. Jack got tired so he thought he would go to sleep on his bike for a while. I promise we didn't leave him too far behind. And Audrey, well she was just as sweet as she always is. Awww the joy of nature!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should have thrown a stick in his spokes.

Annica said...

Did that guy actually let youtake a picture of him? LOL

Beans Blog said...

I cant believe you posted a picture of than man! Did you just find that on the internet somewhere?