Thursday, March 26, 2009

GRANDMAFREDDIE IS STILL ALIVE- I THINK



It occurred to me that I just did a very dangerous procedure to avoid a simple one. After my heart procedure I had to lay totally still for 12 hours with sand bags on my leg and neck. These were the entry sites where they went into my heart, My real beating fibrillating heart! I am so amazed that today they can do something like this. My goal now is that i wont have to be on meds for the rest of my life. There is about a 70% chance that it worked. I'm crossing my fingers. For now though I get to take tons of pills and a fun self given injection in my stomach 2 times a day of blood thinners. Aren't you jealous? If any of you are wondering I have A-fib or Atrial fibrillation and this procedure called an Ablation is supposed to solve it in the long run. Its the short run that has me squirming. Being on such heavy doses of blood thinners and riding my motorcycle just don't seem to compliment each other. Oh well Just like the comedian said on Hillary's Blog, Evey things amazing and nobody is happy.

2 comments:

Hannah Stayner said...

ewwwww sorry mommy. I would hate to give myself shots. I would make dad do it to me while I closed my eyes if I were you... ha ha

Anonymous said...

I love you. I hope knowing this will make your hart happy. :)