
The YSA Center we are running is really picking up steam. We had 38 show up….which is a new record. We have been so blessed. The first week we attended Institute there were 14. We have been told that the average was about a dozen each week. We are now averaging over 30 and it is growing every week :) Tonight Greg decided to have an activity after institute. He organized a few games and the YSA seem to think it was great. He set up a mini golf tournament and Foosball and Ping Pong. By the time we went home Greg was exhausted to say the least. I cook food 2 times a week for all of them and they seem love my American meals. Im not sure why, but Im starting to feel like I'm a better cook than I thought I was. Every week several of them express how much they love the food. That is a great reward for me since I stress every week about what to feed them. Its getting a bit more difficult now to prepare so much food and i think in time we will have to scale back a bit and do more simple things. Right now though I think the food is helping get more to come out and definitely more of them are staying longer to eat. When we were assigned to the YSA center we didn't have a clue what to do, but now we are getting a routine and things are going along much easier. Greg makes such a huge effort to make it work. When the Lord asks him to do something he does it ALL the way. We are doing our best, and we can feel and see the blessing are coming for the YSA center and for us as missionaries.
No comments:
Post a Comment