Friday, December 21, 2007

SOMETHING SPIRITUAL FOR A CHANGE

The other day I was reading the book "God wants a powerful people" by Sherri Dew. In one particular chapter, I was over come with a strong testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith. I think the time has come that we will either be IN or OUT depending on our testimony of the Prophet. For it is that testimony alone that counts. He either is a prophet or he is not. I for one KNOW that he is. The spirit bore witness to me as I was reading , and I want to share it with my family. It is in Chapter 7 called Power and the restoration.
"Joseph's First Vision returned to the world a firsthand witness of God, His Son, and Their Power. ...In the days and years following the First Vision, the Savior would make manifest His power again and again to and through the young Joseph. The sheer number of visions , heavenly manifestations and revelations the young prophet received during his brief thirty-eight years of life would prove to be staggering.
"It is my mediation all the day, and more than my meat and drink, to know how I shall make the Saints of God Comprehend the visions that roll like an overflowing surge before my mind." he said in 1843. (History if the Church 5:362)
In 1856 Emma described her role of writing down part of the translation as Joseph "dictated each sentence, word for word, and when he came to proper names he could not pronounce, or long words, he spelled them out, and while I was writing them , if I made a mistake in spelling he would stop me and correct my spelling although it was impossible for him to see how I was writing them down at the time....One time while he was translating he stopped suddenly , pale as a sheet, and said, "Emma, did Jerusalem have walls around it?" When I answered, 'yes', he replied , 'Oh ! I was afraid I had been deceived'. He had such a limited knowledge of history at that time that he did not even know that Jerusalem was surrounded by wall's"
I love how sometimes the Lord gives us a little bit of light. This was one of those times for me. love Mom



No comments: