Jada is getting so grown up! She had her 8th birthday yesterday, and I was so happy to be in town so I could celebrate it with her. She got a new pink scooter. Talk about SWEET! She is about the cutiest 8 year old I have ever seen.I had another lap band fill on the 21st of Feb. from a different doctor in SLC. I was happy that I got this referal so that I didnt have to drive so far. Only 4 hours instead of 7. The doc in SLC did things a bit different than what I was used to in Phoenix . He stuck the needle in the port and then checked the amount by taking all the fluid out, taking the suringe off and checking the amount then hooking the suringe back on to the needle and injecting more fluid in . It took him much longer than when I had my first fill, and it was a bit more uncomfortable since he left the needle in the port sticking out of my stomach until he figured how much to put back in. The weird part though was that there was NO restriction at all. I got back to my house , and the kids were eating Pizza, and so I decided to put the fill to the test. I ate a whole slice ! No feeling of restriction at all, In fact I felt totaly normal , and I could eat anything. ( but I didnt :) So needless to say, I called the doctor back the next day and told him the problem. He had me go back in on Monday, where proceeded to do the same procedure again. It took several trys to find the port, and then he filled it to almost 7 cc's. More than I have ever had before. Wow what a strange feeling it was to not be able to swollow at all. He soon discovered my problem as he watched me gulp for air, and said lets try again . This time, after more attempts to find the port again, he got the fill about right but not perfect. That is ok with me... I will behave myself now and eat only good things until I can plan another trip to Phoenix. They are a bit more expereinced there, and have done many more fills than in SLC. I think the drive will be well worth it to get it right. I would like to give an update on my weight too but since I dont have a scale at this house. Hummm guess I need to go shopping for one. I hope my weight is still going down, but for some reason I feel fat. To be continued...
1 comment:
I had no idea what was involved with your lap band procedure. I would go back to Phoenix as well. I am checking your blog for progress reports. I hope that it's OK. I am very excited for you.It's fun when you get to start shopping for new clothes.I think the best part is when you start feeling your energy level starting to increase. This sounds silly coming from me,[your daughter-in-laws mother] but I'm very proud of you.
Post a Comment