Monday, August 11, 2008

WOW!! QUITE AN EVENT




One thing about blogging that is great is that one can express there opinion and rant and rave without it really mattering to anyone. So this is my rant.
I know lots of people are real into the Olympics right now but I have to admit that so far I have not watched one event or even cared about one event. All I could think of when they showed all the hoopla on TV for the opening ceremony was "Wow what a lot of money they must be spending," and "Wow I wonder how many kids they could feed with all that glitter." I guess I'm a stuff shirt and just don't get it. I know that people put there whole life into training for the Olympics but I wonder why everyone thinks that to display that talent and athletic ability it has to be framed with such an outstanding spectacle . Oh well I guess all the starving kids in the world cant eat fire works and glitter anyway. I'm sure you get my drift.

1 comment:

Hillarys little Paynes said...

hahaha mom, you are a stuff shirt. just kidding i totally get your drift, I wonder that stuff about sporting events all the time, like how just a fraction of one persons salary on a pro basketball team could pay for my whole life, but you have to look at the bigger picture and what it can do for a countries reputation and tourism. that helps the starving kids?..?....well sometimes... i dunno, but remember how it was to have them in utah? kinda cool right?