Thursday, August 7, 2008

RETRO APRONS


Since it has been so hot outside, and I don't like going out in the heat much I decided to take on an indoor project. Sewing Retro Aprons for all my girls. That's right Paul, you don't get one. So far I have completed 2 of then. I'm not the best seamstress in the world but these are actually quite simple and fun to make. I am going to make one for each of the girls and then I have decided that if any one else wants one I would love to make more. If there are any of you out there that see this blog and want an apron just go to the fabric store and get some of your favorite fabric, ( 1 and 1/8 yard for body, and 3/4 yard for trim color. and 3 packages of jumbo rick rack) or just 1 yard material and 2 pkgs rick rack, if you want a half apron. I have not tried making one of those yet. Send it to me or give it to me, (depending on where you live) and I will be happy to make you one. (free) After I have mastered making them , I think I might put some on EBay or Etsy and see if they will sell. I have seen stuff like this sell quite well so it might be worth a try. Just a hot summer project so I can stay cool and feel like I'm accomplishing something.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the fabric on the one on the top. Very cute! you are a talented little mommy

Hannah Stayner said...

mom, I cant wait for mine!!! I am soooo excited!

Jennifer Heath said...

Very fun aprons! I will start looking for fabric, I would love one! I will be looking forward to being able to say "I knew her before she became the new Martha Stewart". Ebay is a great idea! You might want to re-think making one for Paul. Have him wear it to work, to play basketball, on his Fat-Flinger blog.....You see where I am going with this. Tap into the male market. Every wife that shops on Ebay will buy one if she thinks her husband would start helping out around the house. You could be rich!

Freddie said...

That is great Jennifer, i will be more than happy to make you one. but as for as martha ,, well not even close. Lets see, maybe i can make paul a manley BBQ apron so he doesnt feel left out. :)