Monday, November 24, 2008

THE LENNON SISTERS





This week we went to Brandon Missouri. We went to lots of entertaining shows with lots and lots of old, old, old people. Even older than us!. We went to see the OLD Lennon Sisters. Do any of you know who they are? Well if you do then you will understand my enjoyment in seeing them but if your too young to know them then just pretend that I went to see Hannah Montana or someone like that. The Lennon sisters were my favorite thing ever when I was a young girl. I used to wait all week for the Laurence Whelk show to come on so I could see and hear them sing, on my black and white TV.
While we were at the Lennon sisters performance,and during the intermission I went to the gift shop where I found these darling rag dolls made by the grandmother and mother of the Lennon sisters. I just had to have the " Janet doll" She was my favorite Lennon Sister since she was close to my age when I watched them on TV. She is the one with the blond hair in the pic. I wanted to buy some dolls for my granddaughters but the price was a bit too steep so I settled for one doll for ME! I thought maybe I could make my own version for each granddaughter. Well at least I'm going to give it a try,, I even got the Lennon sisters autograph and that is not like me at all to do something like that. Well there is a first time for everything.

1 comment:

Annica said...

I just love the tone of "older singers." In choir right now we are getting ready for our Christmas show (next week!!!) and we are singing "There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays." Our director is having us sing it with that "older sound." He is having us close to the "nnnnn's" and the blend is just really cool. I don't know if I am explaining it very well, but it really is cool! I don't know who the Lennon Sisters are, but I bet they are awesome!