

I know some of you have followed my blog on and off over the past year.Not that is has been all that interesting but It is just a way of sharing some of the events in my life with others.
About one and half years ago I blogged about getting a lap band. Well... I thought I would update you on my progress with lap band thus far. The good news is I have not gained weight over the past year and half, but the bad news is I have not lost any since my initial 32 lb loss that I had in the very beginning of my lap band adventure.
Well my update to day on lap band is this.. There is NO MORE LAP BAND AROUND MY STOMACH!!! HOOOORAY!.No more foreign object constricting me. I was a failure in the lap band department in my opinion and so I decided to have it removed for good. To be honest with you... I hated it! It was miserable. It was expensive and a real "pain in the stomach". I put up with it as long as I could and then one evening I was thinking about how much I hated it and decided to get rid of it. I would have gone to most any length to get it removed. Well to make a long story short, I had to have surgery for some other complications I was having so while I was meeting with my doctor and planning that surgery I decided to ask him if he thought I could get my lap band removed at the same time while under anesthetic. He said he didn't see why that would be a problem . I almost did a dance of joy in his office but did contain myself until i left the office. My doctor got on the phone right then and there to my doctor that would be the one that had to remove it and ask him if he thought it would be possible to do at the same time.
It was like magic how it all came together but I know it was not magic at all .. it was a blessing from my father in Heaven that it all worked out so simply. We set the date and the next thing i knew I was lap band free. I know some people have done well with lap band , but I was not one of them. I wont go on and on and bad mouth the product but I will say if there is any one out there thinking about doing it , Please consider good ole weight watchers first. Much healthier to live with out a band around your stomach ...and Much less expensive. I will do my best to not gain the weight back and in a few months will give you another report.
1 comment:
You and I should do our own weight watchers . . . :)
Post a Comment