
I just had to blog about my cute grandmother Arnold. I found this picture the other day and was excited to see her in this cute apron. For sometime now I have been making aprons. Grandma Arnold just happen to be wearing an apron almost exactly like the ones I make. It has the same ruffle at the bottom and the same over the head straps. I have made so many of these aprons and I love the fact that my grandma Arnold wore one too. Grandma Arnold was the most wonderful kind woman. I remember her going out in her garden and pruning her roses. While she did , she would greet each rose and say. " Well hello you little sweet heart" . If by chance she had to cut a broken stem off and there was a rose on it she would say " oh hunny I'm so sorry i have to cut you off of here" and then she would carefully take the lone rose to the house and put it in a cup of water so it would live on her window sill for as long as it could.

She never said a bad word about any one . She always let me eat grapefruit with tons of sugar on top . I would swing in the old wooden swing that was tied in a tree in her orchard. I always had the best time at my grandmas house, and I remember feeling very loved when I was there. I sang this song after her funeral at the grave site. I OFTEN GO WALKING-- " Dear (grand) mother all flowers remind me of you".
3 comments:
That is the cutest thing i have read all week! Mom i wish I could have known her...I haven't heard that story of her ever. She seems like the most delightful person. I want a rose garden and a swing and to spoil my grand kids like that. make them feel loved and safe. Wont that be perfect? She sounds like someone who knew how to enjoy the most important things in life.
What a cute apron! Both actually. I need to get me one of those. Oh and I liked the clip on being frugal. Amen sister! Good to see your blog.
Hey i also want to point out that her mouth is a frown just like mine and sadie's and yours mom! Never a straight face...just smiles and frowns. :)
Post a Comment