Tonight Carter and Brode had a sleep over at my house. They slept in the grandma room. ( you all know what room that is right? Well when I first put them to bed in there Carter said," why are there so many flowers in here grandma?" I answered back, "Oh just cuz its my flowery room." Brode was watching Carter to see his response to mine. Carter then said, "Well its very pretty grandma" in his gruff little voice. Brode had a surprised look on his face to Carters comment but then said, " Ya grandma its a pretty room" I could tell that Brode felt safe to say it was pretty ONLY after Carter said it was pretty. Oh wow Boys are so cute ! They have a soft side to them but don't want to show it much. I love my grand kids so much and they make me so happy to have around.I also told them my updated version of Little Sambo. (It better be updated, the original story was so racist it was a joke)
It is Brodes favorite story that I tell him whenever I go to Denver. When I told Carter that the tigers turned into butter when they ran around the tree so fast chasing each other, He said " What color was the butter" . I said yellow, and he said " nooooo, tigers are orange. I said "OK then, the butter was orange" . They both looked at each other and started laughing so hard and acting so silly. It was just one of those "korny" moments. I had to laugh at them and I cant tell you how cute they were. 
It is Brodes favorite story that I tell him whenever I go to Denver. When I told Carter that the tigers turned into butter when they ran around the tree so fast chasing each other, He said " What color was the butter" . I said yellow, and he said " nooooo, tigers are orange. I said "OK then, the butter was orange" . They both looked at each other and started laughing so hard and acting so silly. It was just one of those "korny" moments. I had to laugh at them and I cant tell you how cute they were. 
2 comments:
Ok, so they are incredibly cute and so are you for telling them stories in bed!
ya mom, i have to say you take the cake.
Post a Comment