
There is no doubt with this post I'm taking a risk in the area of showing my "lack of education". In my patriarchal blessing it tells me to study things "gleaned from all good books" I will admit I was not a history buff at all in my younger years and it has only been recently that I crave interesting facts about History. Maybe its an age thing. Humm? I hated to read and so I know that there were many things I would have learned about that I didn't, had I been a good reader. The other day I was listening to a song that Hillary has on her blog. Its titled "Seminole Wind". I have heard it before but never really listened to it well. It was

the song that caught my attention and so I decided to look up the history of the Seminole people. I was fascinated reading there history. I'm including a link for you all to read . Kids,...Don't be like me when I was young. Take the time to read things about history. No its not a waist of time. Time is so fleeting and I find that most of my inspiration comes to me when I'm reading and learning. That is when I feel the spirit.( When I take the time to learn.) Don't worry, your day will still go on as it would have even if you take 10 minutes to learn. The only difference is, your days will be filled with knowledge instead of junk. Don't be like me and wait till you are old. Your knowledge is the ONLY thing you will take with you out of this world. Of course reading your scriptures takes precedence over reading about the Seminole Indians but after all , the history of all people is in

the scriptures.. SO READ ON CHILDREN. Here is the link....
http://www.seminoletribe.com/ and this is even a better link for info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seminole... I'm giving a test on the Seminole tribe when I get home from Israel. There is a great prize for whoever gains the most knowledge and can tell me about them.
8 comments:
ok, I read it just for you mom. What new stuff did you learn? I Learned that seminole women wore 12 lbs of beads throughout the day doing all the tasks that they had to do. Should I try that?
No Sadie you dont have to wear the beds through the whole day, Just part of it. When you are nursing you can take them off.
are you serious about a prize?? you know I love a little healthy competition, and I love history and prizes. so let the learning begin!!!! hehe dont ya just love that song. im pretty sure i dont know anyone else who listens to john anderson, but I love him.
Ahhh now we have a taker on the competition of learning about the Seminole tribe. Of course Im serious about a prize but none of you know what that prize is yet. Just wait till I ask you to study and learn about the Nephites and Lamanites. I wonder who will learn the most about those people. And the prize, Well, just you wait and see.
It would be that your 2 college Grads were the first to take on the challenge. I however will challenge you to a duel. I will learn as much as I can about this Seminole Tribe while you are in The HOLY LAND, if when you return you learn from me all I can teach you about this healthy cleanse that I want you to benifit from and try it for 30 days. ( No you dont go days without food,) in fact you will feel better than ever if you stick to the program 100%. Are we on? I have a solution for You, and Dad! Lets all feed our minds while nourishing our bodys. Then I will be ready for the Nephites and Laminites Challenge! BRING IT ON!!!
ha ha ha ha.. I will think about it. Hey did you get the deer snot and hair off your car yet?
Sadie, you already carry well over twelve pounds of baby teague, so dont worry about the beads. Mom, I didnt read the seminole website... just being honest. ha ha.
I actually looked them up on day but got bored fast but good old Brandon with the Mega memory seems to know stuff about them because SEMINOLE is somewhere in sports language or team name so therefore he new about them.
Post a Comment