Trying to get a handle on the big, wide world
When I noticed all the grass in the cracks in the concrete
I said, where there's a will, there's a way around anything
Life holds on
Given the slightest chance
For the week and the strong
Life holds on
There was a third grade boy that we knew in school
He was found face down in a swimming pool
And as they worked on that kid every minute was an hour
And when his eyes fluttered open we could feel that power
Sirens screaming down my street
Fading as they go
Whining somewhere far away
To someone I don't know
Still, I say a little prayer
There's always hope
Life holds on
Through the window in the kitchen I can see outside
My kids taking turns coming down the slide
I try not to worry as they grow a little every day
Ive just got believe they're gonna find their way
Life holds on
Given the slightest chance
For the week and the strong
Life holds on
Beth Nielson Chapman
We went to Joe's Vally this year again. It was a bit different since it was the first year we didn't take some kind of trailer or motor home or other convenient home away from home. We did the tent thing! Hillary and Brandon went too and did the tent thing. Jada and Carter went too and did the tent thing without there parents. All in all is was a nice trip. A bit dirtier but nice to see family again.
After the fact... I wish I would have gone 4 wheeling and taken my camera. It was one of the greenest years I have seen at Joe's Valley. The wild flowers were amazing and the green grass, trees and shrubs were bright , but the real reason that I wish I would have gone and taken my camera was to capture the 4 wheel accident that took place with Uncle John as the photo subject. I know it sounds a bit gruesome to take a picture of some one laying motionless in a ditch with a huge 4 wheeler flipped over at there side but like I said.. this is after the fact. Now that I know John was the receiver of a miracle and blessing from Heavenly Father, I can wish I had been there with my camera to capture the incident for our posterity. It would have at least been interesting if nothing else to show in the slide show presentation that they put on at Joe's Valley every year.
But... to make a long story short, John crashed on the 4 wheeler up on the beautiful skyline drive, John was out cold, Greg sped for help (flying as fast as he could go on his 4 wheeler), A Blessing was administered to John, A Helicopter came in 2 hours time, John went to hospital with 5 broken ribs, broken color bone, punctured lung, and bump on his head, and last but not least, John is going to be OK!! ( in pain but OK). John will be coming home from the hospital as soon as they can take the tube out of his lung and it heals. LIFE H
OLDS ON WHEN GIVEN THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE! We are so thankful John is doing OK.
No comments:
Post a Comment