Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A recurring child hood dream



I ran across a scripture today that in my opinion explained my recurring child hood dreams so well. I don't know if it was intended as a personal revelation but somehow it came to me as one. I feel like the images I saw in my dreams or even while just sitting contemplating life, were given to me to help me understand my direction in life. In my dreams I would see a large field out ahead of me with a very smooth winding road. It went up and down smooth hills. I could even feel the "wheeee bumps" (as my kids called them when we drove to my parents home in Jerome)in my stomach, as I would see and travel on the road stretching out in front of me. Then as I traveled along the road there were times it would turn into a very rough jagged path and it was extremely hard to walk on it. It actually hurt physically to see it in the dream. I would stop and wait, and then it would smooth out again into a much easier passable road.
There is no doubt that my life has been a series of rough and smooth experiences. The smooth ones are much more pleasant to remember, while the rough ones are a tool for learning and to help me remember to not repeat them. I love how our Heavenly Father helps us from time to time in the most simple ways. I love the scriptures for in them I find something almost every day that helps me forge on in life. Here is the scripture I'm talking about : First Nephi 17:46 And ye also know that by the power of his almighty word he can cause the earth that it shall pass away; yea, and ye know that by his word he can cause the rough places to be made smooth, and smooth places shall be broken up. O, then, why is it, that ye can be so hard in your hearts? I hope I have learned the things in life that I need to and will keep learning until I graduate on to something higher.I hope my heart is not too hard to learn.

4 comments:

Beans Blog said...

Yeah mom thats cool! I like that idea and it is a good reminder that we are completely at the mercy of His hands. Our lives can change in an instant as he guides and directs us. I had that experience this semester with my class schedule. I will tell you sometime. I loved this post madre.

Beans Blog said...

PS...Mom...i had the calendar books...aka planners...so that in case i could go visit people in mesa or scottsdale i would have their information. Getting the puke bug put a damper on those plans but I would have been prepared if i needed to be. See Im not as crazy as you think. The planners are safely tucked away for my next trip to Arizona. MWA! Plll!

Heather said...

Freddie,
I loved this analogy. If we could all just trust in the message of that scripture! Thanks for posting. I had fun catching up on your family reading your blog about Christmas. You have such great kids.

Heather said...

Freddie,
Loved your analogy! If we could just learn to trust in the message of this scripture! I enjoyed catching up on your family and your Christmas adventures. Sorry you all ended up sick!!! Memories are made of this! You have such great kids. Thanks for posting your updates.