Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SOMETHING TO BLOG ABOUT

OR IS IT, TO BRAG ABOUT?






I don't mean to brag but I just had to show you my latest creations. I posted these in my etsy shop and just wanted to share them with any of you who read my blog. I don't know why but a few weeks ago I got the bug to make children's blocks. I guess it must have come from seeing some being made on the Martha Stewart show. I decided to do my own version of blocks, and instead of making big blocks I have made 1 inch square tiny blocks. I put them in there own little box for safe keeping. The first set I created is called "My tiny wooden zoo". If you go to the etsy link you can see more pics of it there and read a description of it. The new set I just created is made in the old English style,1800's children's toys. The blocks are covered on all four sides with old English pictures or Victorian letters of the alphabet on bright colors. There is also a darling vintage inspired pictue of farm animal puzzel picture on the back of the alphabet. When I completed the blocks I was hesitant to put them in my shop to sell because I became quite attached to them after all the painstaking hours I put into them. If they dont sell I will just pass them down to my children some day. You can visit my little store any time to see what new items I have for sale.

5 comments:

EVEN STEPHENS said...

I love them! you know we are all going to make blocks this weekend now right? I want those for Caches Bday gift!

Unknown said...

oh freddie! Those turned out DARLING! Where did you find the box with the red lid? It's PERFECT!

Hannah Stayner said...

mom those are awesome!!!

Beans Blog said...

Love em! If you teach me how i could work for you in the summer making them and give you all the profit...to pay for my living expenses!

The Allred Family said...

CUTE!!!!!!!! You are so creative. I didn't even know this about you! I love those ADORABLE blocks. How do you even put a price on those???!!! And if need anyone to "hand them down to".....